Multistation is offering, available from stock, different types of metal powders dedicated to the various metal additive manufacturing processes.
Multistation now provide powders selected by machine manufacturers and source them as well from powder manufacturers referenced in additive manufacturing.
- Aluminum alloys: AlSi10Mg, AlSi12, AlSi7Mg 0,6, AlSi9Cu3
- Titanium alloys: Ti6A14V, Ti6Al7Nb, Reintitan
- Nickel-based alloys: Inconel 625, 718, 939...
- Steel: 316L, 15-5HP, 17-4PH, 1.2709
- Cobalt chrom : CoCr (1,3 & 2,3),
Since the powders offer is evolving, we are choosing to offer not only powder selected by the manufacturers of the machine but also powders coming from different suppliers recognized in the additive manufacturing technology. We help users to draft the powders specifications and we advise them on the means of characterization to control the powder quality before manufacturing the part: laser granulometer, scanning electron microscope, Hall flowmeter... These powders can be validated by a partner user.
The expertise of Multistation in additive manufacturing make the customers understand physical and thermal phenomenon relied to the process (interaction between laser and material, solidification, cooling..)
What is the manufacturing method of MAM powders?
- Gas atomization (Argon, Nitrogen)
- Plasma atomization
- Rotating electrode atomization
Why choose a spherical powder for powder bed processes?
- Increase particle density
- Expand packed density and compactness of the powder bed
- Improve the capacity of powder flow
How to characterize the powder’s microstructure?
- Observing the morphology with a Scanning Electron Microscope
- Checking the chemical composition: elemental analysis (EDS, X-ray fluorescence), ICP
- Identifying the size distribution: screening, laser granulometer
- Flow capacity: Hall Flowmeter, FreemanFT4
1) Atomization processes
Atomization processes (water, gas, plasma and rotating electrode atomization) are used to produce metallic powders.
The most commonly used techniques for the production of metallic powders designed for additive manufacturing are gas (Argon or Nitrogen) and plasma atomization.
COMPARATIVE TABLE FOR THE DIFFERENT ATOMIZATION PROCESSES
Particle size (µm)
-Wide range of products
-Non reactive powders
-Wide variety of materials
-Presence of satellites
Ni, Co, Fe, Ti, Al alloys
-Wide range of materials
-Very high rotating speeds required to produce fine particles
Ni, Co, Ti, Al alloys
Ni, Co, CoCr, Ti alloys
-Raw material in the form of wire or powder
Ti, Al, … alloys
Tel : +33 (0) 2 99 16 35 35
fax : +33 (0) 2 99 46 41 41
29 Rue de l’ Isle Celée - BP 80126 - 35801 DINARD Cedex - (FRANCE)
CNIL : N°898941
Do you want to sell your machines? If you are a machine builder, please send us an exhaustive list of your products with a detailed (...)>> More
You are looking for a new or second hand machine: machine tool, machine for railways maintenance, composites applications, power generation, (...)>> More