Magics rapid prototyping software enables you to import a wide variety of CAD formats and to export STL files ready for rapid prototyping, tooling and manufacturing. Its applications include repairing and optimizing 3D models; analyzing parts; making process-related design changes on your STL files; designing fixtures; documenting your projects; production planning and much more.
Magics 17 - now multi-core for the fastest Magics experience ever
Satisfying our customers is our top priority. For this reason, we aim to provide you with the best possible tools, helping your AM/AP production environment run more efficiently and making the user experience more enjoyable with the newest version of Magics.
New and Improved Modules:
• The Sintermodule features a multi-core 3D-Nester that automatically nests your parts in 3D, in real time. In addition, the nester analyzes the part geometry in order to maximize the number of parts in the build envelope while simultaneously minimizing build height and powder consumption.
• Improved Support Generation modules allow users to get most out of our powerful software. For our metal customers, we have introduced a new support type dedicated to metal sintering. We have also introduced interactive angled supports to reduce finishing time and achieve the best part quality possible.
In addition to drastically optimizing speed, Materialise’s software developers have continued innovating, resulting in exciting new functionalities for this latest release. With Magics17 we are proud to introduce:
• quality measurement reports
• the detection of trapped volumes (for stereolithography),
• the nest density verification (for laser sintering),
• integration with Streamics and e-Stage 6.1
• and much more.
Specialized modules to meet your specialized needs
Support Generation Module
Ensure perfect parts and reduce crashes.
• Stereolithography - automatically generate/edit supports with customizable parameters
• Metal - decrease post-processing time and manage internal tensions
Save time, money, and material by optimizing builds.
• Automate 3D nesting based on part geometry
Be sure your part is accurate and arrives safely.
• RapidFit - Quickly design cost-effective fixtures for part measurement, assembly, shipping and display
• FormFit - Design custom foam blocks for safe transportation
Internal Structures Module
Improve part performance with lightweight structures.
• Reduce weight, maintain strength and save materials
Material Development Research Module
Stabilize your AM process and investigate scanning methodologies.
• Optimize build parameters in the development and qualification of materials
1. Import Files
With Magics, you can import nearly all file formats and native color information, and stay in control of your original data.
2. Fix and Prepare Files
The STL editor in Magics allows you to correct problems, as well as create watertight data and shortcuts to suit your workflow. And all in a user-friendly interface.
3. Enhance and Edit Data
With the Magics STL editor, you can also take your designs to the next level: add logos, serial numbers, and hollow parts; apply textures; and perform Boolean operations and advanced cuts.
4. Prepare the Platform
Magics has the tools you need to duplicate parts, orient parts in an ideal way, and create no-build zones.
5. Print Better Parts
Magics ensures you print only the best parts. It allows you to view slices, detect collisions, save platforms, and generate useful reports
Recommended System Requirements:
• Core 2 Duo or Athlon X2 at 2.4 GHz or higher
• Memory (RAM): 4 GB or higher
• Graphics Card: DirectX 9 compatible video card with 1 GB of memory
• Screen Resolution: 1280 x 1024; True Color (32bit)
• Disk Space: 1 GB of free disk space
• OS: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows
Types of equipment > Software
Tel : +33 (0) 2 99 16 35 35
fax : +33 (0) 2 99 46 41 41
29 Rue de l’ Isle Celée - BP 80126 - 35801 DINARD Cedex - (FRANCE)
CNIL : N°898941
Multistation helps you to find the right 3D printer (Zortrax M200, Cubicon Single, Leapfrog Bolt et B9Creator) and the most adapted to your needs (...)>> Read more
Multistation is introducing the MAM Institute project, a Metal Additive Manufacturing Institute to be implemented in your country with (...)>> Read more
Multistation is offering, available from stock, different types of metal powders dedicated to the various metal additive manufacturing (...)>> Read more
With this comparative table, Multistation help you to find the most adapted 3D scanner for your needs>> Read more
RICOH France and Multistation have signed an agreement confirming their collaboration on the sale and services of Ricoh’s new 3D PRODUCTION (...)>> Read more
Do you want to sell your machines? If you are a machine builder, please send us an exhaustive list of your products with a detailed (...)>> More
You are looking for a new or second hand machine: machine tool, machine for railways maintenance, composites applications, power generation, (...)>> More
DeskProto offers 3D CNC machining for non-machinists. DeskProto is a 3D CAM program (CAM = (...)
JewelCAD Application is set up to support the full application of CAD/CAM technology in (...)
Medical Image Segmentation for Engineering on Anatomy Remaining extremely intuitive and easy (...)