high-speed additive Manufacturing system for large continuous carbon fiber composite structures
THE AQUA ADVANTAGE
- Manufacture parts as small as a basketball or as large as a bike frame.
- Reduce human error through high-speed automation.
- Simplify site and facility preparation via ambient processing.
- Rapidly change materials for continuous printing.
- Automate manufacturing via closed-loop temperature control and robotic systems.
- Go beyond 2.5D planes and print fibers via true 3D deposition.
AQUA’S DEPOSITION HEAD
AQUA’s deposition head is mounted on a six-axis robot that heats the incoming filament via laser and compacts the heated filament during deposition via roller.
CONTINUOUS CARBON FIBER MANUFACTURING AUTOMATION SOFTWARE
AREVO’s Xplorator™ software is the brainpower behind every step of the AQUA process, from part design to manufacturing.
- Explore and validate a design’s strength before manufacturing using additive finite element analysis (AFEA).
- Optimize geometry and integrate parts with continuous carbon fiber composites using generative design.
- Create custom toolpaths that were previously impossible with traditional composites manufacturing.
CONTINUOUS CARBON FIBER REINFORCED THERMOPLASTICS (CFRTP)
Engineered and manufactured by AREVO to interface with the AQUA System.
Currently offering :
- Nylon/CF (50% FVC)
- PEEK/CF (50% FVC)
High fiber volume content (FVC) thermoplastic materials for both high temperature engineering (PEEK/CF) and consumer (Nylon/CF) applications.
Extensive material characterization data integrated with Xplorator™ software for predicting mechanical strength in printed parts.