MIKROMAT’s experience in production and use of vertical/horizontal jig boring machines and jig milling machines enabled the manufacturer to define a new type of machine for JIG 5-side and 5-axis machining.
Precision portals allow, thanks to exchangeable heads and extension system, to optimize the workspace with a minimum machine size. Boring, milling and grinding technologies are all fully integrated.
- Fully-integrated two-axis fork heads for use as a 5-axis simultaneous machine.
- An automatic tool changer (ATC) to achieve a higher level of system automation. The ATC can take place in the vertical main spindle as well as in the horizontal or vertical machining heads. The number of tool stations of the storage is variable. The tools are changed outside the working area, to preserve the working area and to avoid collisions.*
- There are various machine options and additional equipment that gives access to the most ambitious machining strategies.
- Central energy interface with automatically operating media couplings for all machine functions and technical processes (external and internal cooling). Directional adjustment of all boring and milling heads is fully automatic.
- Pallet changer for efficient production through parallel set-up and processing times.
- Turning and reclining tables for machining of workpiece in every position.