The Mikroturn® machines can be used for a wide range of parts that fit within the maximum turning diameter/lenght/weight of the horizontal machines ( 450 mm/ 700 mm/ 300kg) or vertical machines (1,500 mm/ 350mm/ 3000kg). The maximum spindle speed is within a range of 2,000 rpm -10,000 rpm for the Mikroturn horizontal series and from 200 rpm -1200 rpm for the Mikroturn vertical series.
Finish hard turning offers significant advantages over cylindrical grinding:
• Cost saving: the Mikroturn® performs all the operations in one set-up whereas the grinding process would involve two or three separate operations.
• Environmental friendly: Hard turning is a dry and environmental green process due to the absence of grinding fluids and grinding sludge.
• Narrow tolerances: the one set-up process results in narrow tolerances especially in term of concentricity, square-ness and roundness.
• More flexibility: with a single point standard CBN tool and clamping set-up, a wide variety of parts with different contours and sizes can be machined. This provides more flexibility in production environments and reduces change over time.
• Higher productivity: finish hard turning ensures more material removal per machining cycle than grinding. This makes hard turning up to 3 to 4 times faster over cylindrical grinding.
The Mikroturn® technology is used worldwide in various sectors such as the bearing, automotive, mold & die industries.
Hembrug Mikroturn® series strengths:
The hydrostatic system, superior to any conventional bearing system
Natural granite machine base
The Mikroturn® hard turning machines can also be equipped with automated part handling and post process measuring equipment.