The DMD process sprays a non-planar substrate with a metal powder through a coaxial nozzle traversed by a fiber laser that fuses the powder. For the manufacture, repair, wear coating and finishing of metal parts up to 860 x 600 x 610 mm.
TWO DIFFERENT MODELS
- Hermetic Chamber (LENS 860 Hybrid Controlled Atmosphere Machine (CA)). which maintains oxygen and moisture levels below 10 ppm in a controlled atmosphere under argon for the treatment of reactive metals such as titanium
- Alternatively, non-hermetic production chamber (LENS 860 Hybrid Open Atmosphere (OA) machine (local argon gas protection version) offering an ideal platform for the treatment of non-reactive metals, such as stainless steel, tool steel Inconel …
High power fiber laser up to 3 kW,
- Work envelope of 860 x 600 x 610 mm in 3-axis version, cylinder of 120 x 400 mm in 5-axis version
- The machine exists in a hybrid version or not: the LENS Hybrid configuration is equipped with a milling spindle to perform finishing machining on a printed part without having to transfer the component to a second machining machine. It is therefore possible to carry out additive and subtractive strategies on the same machine, among others with the Siemens NX software chain or the Mastercam software.
- The integration of the LENS 860 machine, CA or NA version, is facilitated by the fact that it is equipped with a Siemens 840 D digital control.