3DSIM tools is opening to all users of metal additive manufacturing new perspectives by enabling simulation-driven tools that allow:
- Reducing build time
- Optimizing support structure
- Improving process parameters
- Refining part geometry
- Developing new material
3DSIM tools are split into two separate solvers:
1. The “3DSIM Process Solver” takes the process and material information as inputs and solves the structure. As outputs, it provides thermal history, distortion, residual stress, crystal structure…This solver is a multi-scale FEA using novel meshing and efficient numerical techniques.
2. The “3DSIM Material Solver” takes the crystal structures, thermal history and mechanical loading information (e.g. tensile/fag test) as inputs and solves the properties. As outputs, it provides dislocation density history, curves, slip details, modified microstructure (grain size, orientation, etc.). This solver is a multi-scale distribution density based on crystal plasticity finite element process.
3DSIM tools are efficient multi-scale & multi-physics modeling solutions. They are offered as cloud and on premise solutions and use GPU optimized algorithms.
Multistation’s Progressive Design activity which includes as well software for topological optimization and automatic generation of lattice structures, is enhanced with this unique approach that provides unprecedented insight into metal additive manufacturing processes.
Two Major Collaborations are already planned to test 3DSIM’s commercial code in the US:
• GE, UTRC & Honeywell as an America Makes Project
• Rutherford Appleton Laboratories and various Aerospace Companies