HP 580 3D printer
The HP Jet Fusion 580 printer employs the exclusive technology developed by the American manufacturer, known as Multi Jet Fusion. This model was introduced by HP in early 2018 and falls within the latest lineup. The broader series, named HP Jet Fusion 300/500, encompasses the HP Jet Fusion 340, 540, 380, and 580 3D printers.
Distinguishing the Jet Fusion 580 as a full-color solution, similar to the Jet Fusion 380, these two additive manufacturing solutions enable the creation of multi-colored functional components using the polyamide material, PA12. Notably, the Jet Fusion 580 can produce parts with full color while upholding mechanical attributes and part quality. Its key differentiation from the Jet Fusion 380 lies in the print volume, measuring at 190 x 332 x 248 mm. Primarily, this 3D printer is aimed at R&D teams, design studios, entrepreneurs, universities, and other research institutions.
Built upon the manufacturer’s patented Multi Jet Fusion technology, the printer utilizes fine-grained PA 12 material to achieve ultra-thin layers, measuring just 80 microns (0.08 mm). This approach yields parts with high density and minimal porosity when compared to PA 12 parts manufactured through laser sintering. Notably, the resulting parts have remarkably smooth surfaces, necessitating minimal post-processing. This technology is especially well-suited for functional prototypes and the production of small batches of final parts.
- Technology: HP Multi Jet Fusion technology
- Effective Building Volume: Up to 332 x 190 x 248 mm (13.1 x 7.5 x 9.8 inches)
- Building Speed: 2,199 cm³/hr (134 in³/hr)
- Full Build Job Time for 248-mm (9.8-in) Buildable Height: As fast as 18 hours
- Partial Build Job Time for 25-mm (1-in) Buildable Height: As fast as 5 hours
- Layer Thickness: 0.08 mm (0.003 inches)
- Printhead Resolution: 1200 dpi
- Printer: 1565 x 955 x 1505 mm (61.6 x 37.6 x 59.3 inches)
- Shipping: 1770 x 1143 x 2013 mm (69.7 x 45 x 79.3 inches)
- Operating Area: 2785 x 2530 x 2440 mm (109.6 x 99.3 x 96 inches)
- Weight Printing: 650 kg (1433 lb)
- Shipping: 850 kg (1874 lb)
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000Base-T)
- Supported Standards: TCP/IP, DHCP (IPv4 only), TLS/SSL
- HDD: 1TB (AES-256 encrypted, disk wipe DoD 5520M)
- SSD: 1TB (AES-256 encrypted)
- Software: HP SmartStream 3D Build Manager, HP SmartStream 3D Command Center
- Supported File Formats: 3MF, STL, OBJ, VRML v.2