FALCON – 4-Side plate edge milling machine
Due to the gantry milling concept and the magnetic clamping units, highest flexibility is given and even complex plate shapes such as trapezoidal and curved plates (e.g. for the vessel and wind tower industry) can be processed. For non-magnetic and complex materials such as Stainless Steel, High alloyed steels, Duplex and Super-Duplex grades, special clamping tables are available. Optional minimum quantity lubricant spray nozzles ensure economic machining even of these materials.
The machine covers plate dimensions of up to 12,000 x 4,200mm (39,5 x 13,75ft) with wall thicknesses from 10mm up to 200mm (0,4 – 8”) – larger plate dimensions upon request. The high-power reserves of the machine ensure maximum torque and high feed rates even when heavy plates are milled. Various profile types (N/V/X/Y/J) can be realized. The proven copying function of the milling unit ensures a constant web-flow along the plate edge, even on heavily bent plates of high thickness.
- High feed rates and low tool cost with “Linsinger Thick Chip Milling Technology”
- All 4 sides of a plate are machined in one clamping
- Automatic machine setup for each plate dimension
- Different profiles on each edge possible
- Precise and fast welded seam preparation
- Various kinds of profiles available (V/X/Y/J…)
- Automatic tool changer function available
- Milling of various plate geometries (trapezodial, curved) possible